for better or for worse...

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
yes I'm back.

Jake the actual dog was put down about two months ago due to some very unfortunate circumstances. RIP Jake. I couldn't bear to post under the name of JtD for a while afterwards so I thought I'd take a break.

now things are OK. hope to find everyone here is doing well or at least OK.

Tim

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Sorry to hear that Tim. But Jake had a good life. And he was very lucky to have had owners such as you and your wife who cared so much for him.

Bill

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's a damned shame. I had a close call with one of my cats a few months ago and I didn't want to talk to anyone while she was like that. I didn't really want to do anything.

That really sucks man.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I feel really badly for you, and know how you feel having lost two myself in the last year. It's sad enough when a pet dies at a fairly old age as mine did, but poor Jake was barely middle-aged. :cry:

I know nothing anyone says will make this better, but you have my sincerest condolences.

BTW Merc, how is Gracie? I haven't seen any updates for a while (at least not in the threads I've read).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
jtr1962 said:
BTW Merc, how is Gracie? I haven't seen any updates for a while (at least not in the threads I've read).

Short answer: properly regal and/or bitchy.

She's more active than she's ever been. She has problems with balance and doesn't have full control of her tail, but after many weeks of thrice-daily antibiotics and force-feedings, she's been pronounced "well".
Her personality has changed a lot. She gets into things and into places she never would've gone before (top of the fridge, kitchen sink, anyplace I'm trying to thaw meat, occasional trips to the kitchen garbage...) and she's EXTREMELY vocal now. She pretty much follows me around like a dog, tells me when it's time to eat and when it's time for bed (11:30PM, if you ask her). She's pretty entertaining.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
That's certainly pretty good news. It sounds to me like she got used to all the attention from you while she was sick, and her following you around is like saying thanks. Or maybe I just read too much into what animals do.