For your info

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
A 300w Antec power supply will not handle a computer with 19 hard drives attached........... :eekers:

Bozo :mrgrn:

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
What a surprise :roll:
Why try? What was the scenario? Who ? :)

My Nexus 300W did manage with these:
Abit KT7A
Athlon XP1700+
768MB, two sticks
LSI Megaraid I4
5* Samsung SP1604N
1* Samsung 120GB 5400RPM (forgot the modell number).
Samsung 52x CD-ROM
Some old ATI graphics card.
Intel 1000/MT NIC

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I am playing around with Windows spanning/stripping utility. I will be building a 1 TB file server soon and testing different scenarios. I just got carried away. I had 14 SCSI, and 1 IDE (boot) drives attached and running fine. I still had 4 more hard drives, so I stuck them on. The computer booted fine (do to the SCSI controller starting one drive at a time), but crashed while formating the striped array. :(
The crash was ugly and made a mess out of the hard drives. They had been converted to Dynamic Disk and put together in a striped array. But it was recoverable by attaching only a few drives at a time and converting back to Basic Disk. None of the hard drives are in a case; just spread out over my desk. Looks like something out of a Frankenstein movie.

The file server will probably be 4-250GB IDE hard drives attached to a Promise Ultra controller. These will be striped using Windows Dynamic Disk. There will also be an IDE boot drive. The idea is to have the people that need to see the files only map to one drive letter. ( they are video files)
I'm thinking it might be better to have two Promise controllers so each drive can be the master on it's own cable. Time for more testing

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Camera cell phone, they'll never know.

I had one, and was thinking the same thing.
:mrgrn:
Got rid of mine, since the only way I could get pics off was to pay for it....
s

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Only the privileged few are allowed a cell phone in the plant. And the ones that are issued don't have cameras in them. The Pee-0ns get fired for having a cell phone. :(
Kinda like working for the Gestapo......

If I don't tear this mess appart, I'll see what I can do.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Bozo said:
Only the privileged few are allowed a cell phone in the plant. And the ones that are issued don't have cameras in them. The Pee-0ns get fired for having a cell phone. :(
Kinda like working for the Gestapo......

If I don't tear this mess appart, I'll see what I can do.

How about scanning an artist's rendition? :mrgrn:

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
550Watts rock :excl: :excl:
WHAT DID YOU SAY :?: I CAN'T HEAR YOU :excl: :excl:
S