Free Fax Software?

Piyono

Storage is cool
Hi, folks...

Looking for some free fax software that runs on Win98. Nothing fancy- just send and recieve. Gotta be free, tho.

Thanks,

Piyono

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Actually, yes. I paid $20 for mine: MightyFax.

Somehow, it always turns out to be an urgent, last minute situation when I discover I need to fax something somewhere. So for $20, spent nearly 4 years ago, I've had peace of mind for that whole time (I hate having to figure out where to find a fax machine when the clock is counting down for some important deadline or confirmation). Oh, and it works just fine on my 100MHz Pentium laptop.

Piyono

Storage is cool
I always get modems in anti-static bags from suppliers.
Guess the difference in buying a retail box is the software, huh?

In any case, my search for fax freeware is not over. I'll report back if I find something.

Piyono

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
But you can't use a modem without a device driver. Look on the CD with the device driver: you will find your free fax software right there. Mostly, it's clunky but perfectly usable.

EdT

What is this storage?
Piyono said:
I always get modems in anti-static bags from suppliers.
Guess the difference in buying a retail box is the software, huh?

In any case, my search for fax freeware is not over. I'll report back if I find something.

Piyono

I just installed MightyFax from my old QuickLinkIIFax which doesn't work with XP. It works like a carm, small and efficient ! You can find cracks for the proggie online, just look around I did and saved $20us !

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
You didn't save $20 so much as you deprived someone or some company of $20 worth of income.

Really, if it was worth installing and cracking, it was worth the $20. If you didn't think it was at least worth $20, you wouldn't have bothered with it.