from hotdealsclub.com: Free copy of SystemWorks 2003 (NFR)

SteveC

Storage is cool
A couple of questions:
What does NFR stand for? (Not For Resale?)
What's the catch? Is it a trial version?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Yes Not for Resale

I have no idea. I assume it's for integrators to try out and perhaps purchase for their clients machines.

SteveC

Storage is cool
I filled it out, and it said I should receive it shortly. We'll see. I only care about the Anti-virus and Ghost, anyway.
Thanks for the heads-up, Pradeep!

Steve

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Only for the States :(

I thought it was a downloadable version. I filled the form with fake info...and that's where they are going to ship it. So there's an Ekaf Ami from Ekaf Corporation on 652 Elm street, Griffith IN with a (total guess) 36054 Zip Code who will receive a free copy of SystemWorks 2003.

I chose Griffith only because I know the name of a few streets in the area...This isn't Merc's address BTW (or maybe there's one chance on a million it is).

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
CougTek said:
I thought it was a downloadable version. I filled the form with fake info...and that's where they are going to ship it. So there's an Ekaf Ami from Ekaf Corporation on 652 Elm street, Griffith IN with a (total guess) 36054 Zip Code who will receive a free copy of SystemWorks 2003.
Not too far off. Indiana zip codes begin with 4. Southern Indiana is 47xxx; central & northern is 46xxx. There could be others, but they'd all begin with 4.

Chicagoland zips are all 60xxx.

Anyway, Pradeep, thanks for the link. I signed up for my copy. It saves me from renewing my existing copy. I basically use NAV & Speed Disk...

- Fushigi

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Coug, if you want a copy shipped to my apartment, just PM me, and I'll make it happen.

Ghost 2003 is quite an appealing product, since it's not the PE version (no serial number input) and integrates CD-R and USB disk support from DOS.

JKKJ

Learning Storage Performance
Thanks Pradeep!

CougTek said:
Only for the States :(
It didn't seem to mind my address, we'll see what happens

CougTek said:
So there's an Ekaf Ami from Ekaf Corporation....
Oh no...it begins again

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Well given that the link is on a Symantec domain with certificate I highly doubt it is an ebil haXor wanting your details. Also the confirmation email is from Symantec.

Will Rickards WT

Learning Storage Performance
Website
www.willrickards.net
Yeah, I think it is just something for their partners and all our requests just won't get filled. They'll probably figure it out soon enough. From what I can tell through web searches and checking out other boards, there are probably already hundreds if not thousands of people signed up.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Got a letter today. Was mailed on Dec. 31. :-?

Code:
"You recently requested a Not For Resale version of Norton Systemworks 2003 Professional Edition in response to a message that was either sent to you via e-mail or posted on the Internet.

The message that you responded to was sent by Symantec a limited number of resellers and was redirected to you without Symantec's permission. Therefore, we will be unable to fulfill your request for a copy.........download the trial version........etc. etc.

Well, it was too good to be true. Staples had a sale a few weeks ago; NSW 2003 Pro for $49.99 with a $20 MIR + $30 upgrader's MIR (or vice-versa). So I got that, net cost tax only, and am waiting for my rebates.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Bleh. I've found I can get OEM copies for $10 anyway (which is a staggering deal, since Ghost Enterprise versions are about $12/seat).

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Well, at the time I bought the retail box, the only OEM versions I could find were 2002. Maybe they're in the channel now...