Front page applause

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Thanks. However, because of the general lack of news these last days, the front page haven't been updated much since friday.

If you find something that you think might interest our community, don't be shy to submit it. Don't worry, if it's not good enough, I'll let you know at lenght ;-) There are periods when I hope not to receive news submissions when I already have too many stories to cover (like beginning of last week), but theses days, I wish to see something appear in the submitted news colomn everytime I login.

Douglas seems to visit much more often than I do though. Most of the news submitted by someone else than myself have been posted by him before I could see them, with one or two exceptions.

Handruin

Administrator
I agree! Thanks for scooping out the news for everyone and also for keeping me in line. :) Sometimes I visit and notice new submissions waiting so I activate them. I also receive an e-mail. Coug, do you get an e-mail when some one submits news?

If not, maybe we should create a joint account for the front page for both of us. (news@storageforum.net ???)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Tea said:
I just wanted to post to say what a fantastic job Cougtek is doing on the front page.

Bravo bravo! Very nice, indeed!!

C

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Handruin said:
Coug, do you get an e-mail when some one submits news?

If not, maybe we should create a joint account for the front page for both of us. (news@storageforum.net ???)
I didn't active the e-mail on submitted news function because I visit the front page more often than I check my mail. The same would be true for an eventual news@storageforum.net.

I think it's fine like it is now. As long as one of us catch the news submission, it's ok IMO.

Again, thanks everyone.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Updates on the front page will probably be less frequent in the upcoming two months. I'm moving and I will probably start a new job (stock market didn't work as well as expected, computer sales are dropping too) so I'll be pretty busy elsewhere.

Just wanted to warn you.

Handruin

Administrator
CougTek said:
Updates on the front page will probably be less frequent in the upcoming two months. I'm moving and I will probably start a new job (stock market didn't work as well as expected, computer sales are dropping too) so I'll be pretty busy elsewhere.

Just wanted to warn you.

Best of luck to you searching for your new career. Now worries about the front page, it's all volunteer anyway. :) Sorry the stock market didn't work out for you, I hope your next career move makes you happy.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Mercutio said:
What're you going to do with your life, Mr. Tek?
Probably network technician. It pays more than simple computer assembler/debugger. It's been a few years since I did that so it should be a learning experience for the first few weeks. After, it should become boring as usual. I'll see when I'll be there. I hope I'll have the possibility to try things/perfect my knowledge instead of simply doing my no-challenge work and nothing else. I won't stop playing on the stock market and selling computers, I'll just add something else to what I already do.

I don't think I would attract a lot of customers if I would become bartender.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Join the club, Coug.

It is pretty boring, though. Network tech work is a pigeonhole just like everything else. Unless you're in a job that gives you some free reign (an office, some purchase authority, preferably steering authority on platform/vendor standards, and enough latitude to play with the network AND the systems ends of things) you'll end up replacing the cables people kick out of the wall forever; people really do work with the assumption that computer people are only good at one thing. We don't get asked to do anything else. Except fix PCs, if one admits to an even basic knowledge of PC hardware.