Germany-USA 1-0

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
The US may have lost, but I watched all the 94 minutes of the match stuck in front of my TV set. The US team played a superb soccer and deserved to win 0-3 at least. Reyna, Donovan, and others unstoppable and a stamina I've never seen even in premium club-level (Real Madrid, Inter Milan, etc.) players...

Again Kudos.

Jeez, I just hope you Americans continue to sleep and DON'T promote soccer in your country, cause the enormous pool of talents you have may one day make football behemoths (ie. Brazil, Italy) rumble and crumble...

Dr. Willy

What is this storage?
Ja! Ja! Wir haben gewonnen!
NOW GIVE US BACK UNSER LEBENSRAUM!!

Amazing stuff. I was watching Deutsche Welle (Germany's BBC equivalent) and the newspeaker was asking an economist what the reactions of this victory would be over Germany's Q2 productivity! :-?
And then you say football isn't life! Or was it life is football?!

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Top Ten Ways To Get Americans Excited About Soccer (The Late Show with David Letterman)
I found this hilarious news release at the US Soccer Federation site... :lol:

Members of the U.S. World Cup team appeared on "The Late Show with David Letterman" on Thursday night to present a "Top Ten" list titled "Top Ten Ways To Get Americans Excited About Soccer."

10 - "Rename the sport 'Deathball 3000.'"
9 - "From now on, you can't use your feet either."
8 - "Constitutional amendment stating if U.S. wins World Cup, every American gets a brand new car."
7 - "More players who look like Mia Hamm – fewer players who look like Davor Vugrinec."
6 - "Instead of 'Gooooal!' have that announcer yell, 'Yahtzee!'"
5 - "Printed on every red card, a collectible Star Wars photo."
4 - "Drunken monkey goalies."
3 - "Find a way to involve that hilarious San Diego Chicken."
2 - "You mean millions of Americans aren't getting up in the middle of the night to watch us play?"
1 - "Give Tiger Woods a soccer ball, America will never lose again"