Give us back subsilver

Stereodude

Not really a
Handy,

No offense, but this new layout scheme sucks. Please give us back the option of using the defaul subsilver in our profiles.

Stereodude

Handruin

Administrator
Stereodude said:
Handy,

No offense, but this new layout scheme sucks. Please give us back the option of using the defaul subsilver in our profiles.

Stereodude
The offense isn't taken, but it would be helpful to know what part of the "scheme" "sucks" so that I can try to fix the correct thing.

Is it my header, or is it the phpbb style?

If it is the header then you will need to elaborate a bit more because that would require redesinging more of the site.

If it is the forum style, give me a couple of days and I will setup the default subsilver theme so that folks can choose as they please.

If anyone feels inclined to find another new theme let me know.

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/styles_demo/

James

Storage is cool
I liked the previous phpbb skin much better too. I find this one very angular and more stark/confrontational than the previous one.

Stereodude

Not really a
Handruin said:
The offense isn't taken, but it would be helpful to know what part of the "scheme" "sucks" so that I can try to fix the correct thing.

If it is the header then you will need to elaborate a bit more because that would require redesinging more of the site.

If it is the forum style, give me a couple of days and I will setup the default subsilver theme so that folks can choose as they please.

The header is ok, the forum theme sucks. The fonts, spacing, icons, buttons, etc. I like subSilver myself. smartBlue isn't too bad either.

Stereodude

Handruin

Administrator
Stereodude said:
Handruin said:

The header is ok, the forum theme sucks. The fonts, spacing, icons, buttons, etc. I like subSilver myself. smartBlue isn't too bad either.

Stereodude

smart blue wouldn't match the site. it is the same design as subsivler with different colors.

I like classic, Appalachia, icicle, and cliptin has inquired about digitaltwilight. I'll try a few and see how it goes.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I look at it this way:

a) I don't like the look and feel of the actual forum itself as much .

b) But I like the good-looking new header bar.

c) And most of all, although I don't like the aesthetics so much, I find the new colors much easier to read. There wasn't enough contrast in the old scheme. I used to have to use Mozilla to zoom it up all the time.

That's .. er ... one vote against and two votes for from me, which adds up to a vote for.

(BTW: just as well I'm not the Webmaster - given the choice I'd have a dark coloured background with light writing on it. Much easier on the eye, and beter for your health too.)

SteveC

Storage is cool
I like the old buttons better, but otherwise I like this theme. It gives a nice, crisp look to the site.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I like this theme! Don't change a thing Doug, I think you did a great job!

C

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Here's another vote for the old theme. I don't like the new one much (the header is very nice though) ... but what I think is irrelevant ... this is someone else's sandbox. :)

Handruin

Administrator
I tried to find something new to distinguish us from all the rest of the phpBB users.

The theme is very basic and fast, that's why I chose it. It works well for those of us not using graphics in the web browsers and it is simple enough that you won't confuse this with any other site. (hopefully)

I can't argure to keep it or that it looks the best. (I do like it however) I don't want people to be miserable coming to SF. However, how do we pick something sutible for all?

Handruin

Administrator
Everyone check their profile link at the top of the page. You can now select not one, not two, not three, but from four themes.

The plain one is the default for now and we also have:

subsilver
VereorLordoftheRings (for tannin)
digitaltwilight

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
VereorLordoftheRings...oh well, can't discuss taste. ;-)

Glad to find back subSilver. I didn't hate the new style, but I'm so used to subSilver that I feel more like home with it.

Thanks for the theme addition.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Ha! None of you horrible, boring white zcreen people can read this! I can zay what I like and no-one will know! (Except Tannin, of course. Tannin knowns everything. Well, at least zome things. Zome of the time, anyway.)

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Handruin, digitaltwilight rocks much harder now that it's on our own server. Especially once you changed the text color from whatever it was. Dis is da bomb.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Sure does, Clippy. I'm using digitaltwilight right now, on the theory that Tea and I won't get ourselves mixed up so often if we use different colour schemes, and although I have to admit that Tea has snaffled herself the best one of all with LOTR, this is very, very nice.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I can't believe how much nicer SF is to visit now that it's green. Seriously, it's just so easy on the eye. I admit that I hang around the place quite a bit anyway, but I'm finding myzelf cruising around just looking for new poztz so that I can admire the look of the place tonight.

One small thing: LOTR doezn't zeem to have those very handy Ztorage Forum Index > Feedback linkz at the bottom, only at the top. I have to zcroll more. No matter. It'z worth it!