Good web-based email: myrealbox

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Hey all - a friend told me about this a while back, and I kindof like it.

www.myrealbox.com

I'll let them explain...

What is MyRealBox?

* MyRealBox is a free E-mail service with no advertising.
* You can send and receive E-mail anywhere from any Mac, PC or other device with an Internet connection.
* If you change service providers, your E-mail address stays the same, keeping you in contact with your friends, family and associates.
* Provides users with up to 10 MB of E-mail storage.
* Fast and easy to use.

So, you've just found the perfect solution - a free E-mail address, total flexibility in terms of E-mail client and service provider, easy access wherever you are, whenever you want - all you need is a Mac, PC or any other device with an Internet connection.

Why does MyRealBox exist?

The NetMail engineering team uses MyRealBox as a test-bed to try out new versions before releasing them as part of the NetMail product. This means that from time to time MyRealBox users will experience downtime due to installation of new software or due to the engineering team debugging a new feature.

If you are not comfortable with these downtimes then please choose another email service.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
I've had an account there for a couple years.

Their approach to web based E-mail is innovative.

However the site can be slow if you are not on broadband, the user preferences are not too valuable and there wasn't any spam filtering last time I checked.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've used it for a few years. It's been very, very good. I've had ONE outage and ZERO lost email in the 20-something months I've had an account.

Believe it or not, it's just a large-scale test for Groupwise behind all that internet stuff. It's run by Novell, and they have a frickin' clue what they're doing (see above).

POP3 and IMAP are both free and readily available in addition to web-ish access.

And yes, they added some transparent spam filtering a few months back.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Well, I can't yet comment on how good it is, but I signed my ten year old up with OperaMail recently when she demanded an email account.

HotMail was out of the question; Yahoo now demands a credit card for "authentication"; so OperaMail (masquerading as an 18 year old) it was.

No spam so far, and it's worked every time she's tried it.

But MyRealBox sounds very cool.