Got cheap molex connectors?

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
A good tip for cheap PSU's or any molex connector for that matter.

Whenever I get a PSU or a "Y" cable I use hotglue to fill in the empty spaces around the wires in the molex connectors. This secures the wires in place and means they won't rattle around or push out(very cheap molex connectors).

All it takes is a quick shot of glue from the gun, simply hold the gun right up against the wire and fill in the empty spaces one at a time.

I can use my molex connectors over several years and they still work as good as the day I got them.. I like to tinker alot and this is the best solution I have found for cheap molex connectors. After awhile I just started doing it on all my molex connectors.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Molex connector before filling:
molex1.jpg

Commence the filling Process!
molex2.jpg

Super durable molex connector:
molex3.jpg

You can see the glue inside the connector, if you squeezed the glue in there nice and hard you can see it reach the bottom of the gap. It's almost like looking at an X-ray in the picture, but in real life you can tell.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
1 generic PSU, 1 Antec PSU (although it didn't need it), 1 LiteOn PSU, and 1 Enlight PSU..... then assorted molex Y cable and fan connectors.

I originally did this to prevent the cheap wires from pushing out of the molex connector on a fan I had... making the rest of the devices on the chain not recieve power... but I found that it made any molex connector much more durable. So, now I do it more for insurance, to prevent damage to the molex conenctor.