Handheld printer due out in early 2005

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I thought this was very interesting. The printer can supposely print on any print media through a process called Random Movement Printing Technology. An internal navigation sensor compensates for hand movement, and the output is said to be comparable to standard digital printers.

Handruin

Administrator
Nice link jtr1962, that printer is a cool idea. I'd like to see some reviews on that once it comes out. I wonder how sensitive it is to movement, and would it ruin the print if you moved too fast, or twisted the unit...I'd just be curious.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Handruin said:
I wonder how sensitive it is to movement, and would it ruin the print if you moved too fast, or twisted the unit...I'd just be curious.

The internal sensor is said to compensate for sudden changes in rotation or speed. I don't know how it would handle printing on non-flat surfaces, though. i's full body tattoo idea might be out, at least for now. ;)

BTW, I came across this in Electronic Products magazine, which is one of the industrial periodicals that I subscribe to. I thought it would be of interest here.