Happy Cinco de Mayo 2020!

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
We're getting takeout guacamole and carnitas to support our local Mexican restaurant. And mixing our own margaritas.

I sure do miss their 1$ taco and 1$ margarita nights!

Handruin

Administrator
How'd the takeout turn out? I heard that some local Mexican places near me had huge wait times for takeout for Cinco de Mayo.

We did takeout last night from a local brewery/restaurant that we would visit regularly in normal times and the food was only ok. They've converted some of their regular meals to be a cook-at-home with family-sized portions which I think is a nice compromise. That way I feel better if someone had covid and it made it into the food that we baked it in the oven hopefully killing it. The food quality wasn't as good as I remembered in the past which was a disappointment. We haven't done takeout in over two months so this being our first venture out was a letdown.

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
The takeout was very good; there was a fair wait, but they were processing the orders pretty efficiently.

It probably helped that, for some reason, there are a pretty large number of Mexican restaurants in our area, which "spreads the load".

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
I miss my Mexican restaurants. And no I'm not doing takeout. I want to sit at a table and eat WAY TOO MANY chips and salsa even before the food comes.

When are restaurants going to return to pre-COVID-19 status? 2021?

Handruin

Administrator
Likewise, I miss my local Mexican restaurant as well as a local Japanese place.
The sad reality may be that many of our favorite local restaurants will no longer be around in 2021. :-/