Heatsink Needed

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The fan on the heatsink is making noises when it first starts up, and that is usually the beginning of the end. :( Now I'm searching for a new one. Main criteria are best cooling for O/C, no blocking of motherboard components, and replaceable fan. I can live with some noise in a case with 10 HDs. Installation cannot be an insane process requiring special tools or skills. ;)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
What platform? Do you need standard retention or is it OK for the thing to need some kind of special bracket?

ddrueding

Fixture
If it is Socket 775, I have the stock cooler that came with my Extreme Edition CPU sitting around. Compact, fairly quiet, a cinch to install, and capable of dealing with a significant amount of heat.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
What platform? Do you need standard retention or is it OK for the thing to need some kind of special bracket?

LGA775 is needed now, but it could be nice to use a cooler on another CPU later. If the bracket is unlikely to interfere with anything that migth be fine. If it is necessary to apply calibrated torque to each bolt, that is probably not the best option. My hand is not in the best shape either, so anything over 75# force is difficult.