Here is a thread to talk about gaming

DrunkenBastard2

What is this storage?
Joined
Dec 5, 2025
Messages
49
On the Steam Machine, how well do you think it'll handle VR once the new VR headset from Valve is released? I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people make the assumption that Valve's own VR headset will work perfectly with the Steam Machine and provide a pleasant experience, as one would expect from buying a PS5 and Sony's VR headset to go with it.
Steam Machine ended up being pretty low tier performance wise, a ps5 pro and psvr2 would be well beyond it.

However you could brew your own Steam Machine with more powerful gpu.
 

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Joined
Jan 17, 2002
Messages
22,997
Location
I am omnipresent
If you have phone with enough testicular fortitude, you can now run Steam directly on it.

You need a Snapdragon 8 gen something with Adreno graphics, which we can more or less shorten to "Samsung Ssomething from this decade" but yes it works. I don't mean for buying games or chatting. I mean Cyberpunk 2077 running through Proton directly on your device. Hope you have 100GB free and a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

DroidDeck
 
Top