HighPoint RocketRAID 2320 controller review

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I am confused what all that means. Are there some sustained write tests in there somewhere?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'll just save everyone the suspense of reading the 15 pages of little weeny pages and spoil the surprise:

"However, RAID5 arrays still leave much to be desired. I dare conclude that HighPoint software developers should pay a little bit more attention to this array type. However, I am confident that in the future HighPoint RocketRAID 2320 will become a very successful product."

Now, I pretty much could've written those two sentences without ever looking at the hardware. I guess the surprise is that there wasn't a surprise...

On the other hand, I was wondering what I should be doing with all the 4x PCIe slots I've got on all my motherboards these days, and now I know!

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Mercutio said:
On the other hand, I was wondering what I should be doing with all the 4x PCIe slots I've got on all my motherboards these days, and now I know!

Heh! I'd like someone to show me a S939 mobo with an x4 PCI-e slot

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Me? I'm drowning in PCe 4x slots. Every time I order anything from Newegg, they throw in a whole bunch of them. Hell, they packed the my last order in 4x PCIe slots. I spilled some 4x PCIe slots on my living room floor and threw them away because they were dirty. I'm thinking about replacing my normal kitty litter with PCIe 4x slots.

Sol

Storage is cool
The inclusion of a half height backplate threw me... Can you really get a case with a half height backplate and room for 8 hard drives?