Host migration support

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Oddly, SF seems faster on my daughter's laptop than on my desktop. My machine is beefier. A problem similar to Clocker's?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Clocker's problem is a poorly configured proxy server on his work machine. He doesn't have any way to control it, so there's no way for us to fix it.
Your daughter's laptop on the other hand might be benefiting from the general graphics reprioritization in Windows 8, which is where that whole "subjective performance improvement" comes for people who make the switch to the newer OS. Does she have a discrete GPU or an APU? Do you? That might go a long way to explain the difference.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks Merc.

It's a Lenovo Z580 laptop with:
Nvidia GeForce G-635M
Intel HD Graphics 4000

Mine does not have a discrete GPU; using only Intel HD Graphics 4000

But I believe I could tell if it was due to this; to me it appeared things were loading faster on the laptop.

Handruin

Administrator
If you use email notifications you should now start seeing notifications once again. In the past couple days I made a mistake in one of the configurations with the SMTP email and I've resolved it as of 1:45PM EDT. The forum has not been sending out emails during that time. Sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

Handruin

Administrator
Forum email notifications are not working right now. I'm still investigating the cause of the problem. This domain is unable to communicate with gmail's smtp server for some reason that is unclear to me.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
For some reason, I cannot access the site from work. Issue seems to have started with the migration to the new host but I can't be 100% sure of it. Attached is the error I get. I get the same thing whether I am at work or connected to work via VPN from home. Works from my work phone, even when connected to the work wifi, though, so not sure what to think. Seems to be limited to my work laptop.

My issue accessing the site from my work PC has been resolved. All I did is change some settings in Chrome to allow cookies (so I could used two-factor authentication for my google account without having to re-allow my PC every time I logged in). Maybe it is just coincidence but it's working anyway...