How to connect by RDP from a Linux box to a Windows Server 2012?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I've tried this on Fedora 19 32bit on an 8-years-old laptop. I used Remmina with the RDP plugin. I've been able to launch a session on the server, but it freezes every time after less than a second. I've also tried to launch rdesktop from the terminal, but it doesn't seem to be installed in Fedora 19.

I have yet to use PAC (don't know how to install it on a RedHat derivative). I've also not tried TSclient.

I suppose that Mercutio, Chewy and quite possibly Timwhit are familiar with this.

The RDP connection works flawlessly with my Windows 8.1 computer and also with an HP t610 thinclient, so the issue isn't there.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
I use rdesktop with server '08 and server '12 quite a bit... All I did was make sure I was on the latest version... Otherwise check the security policy re RDP on the server, it may have something enabled that your client doesn't like.

A quick google shows rdesktop is not installed by default on Fedora, but is available in their repo... (so "# yum install rdesktop" should work).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm guessing that if a non-Windows client is having an issue, it's probably because the option to only allow connections using Network Level Authentication is turned on someplace.
I'm definitely able to connect to vanilla Server 2012 machines with rdesktop and a variety of Android clients though.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I'm guessing that if a non-Windows client is having an issue, it's probably because the option to only allow connections using Network Level Authentication is turned on someplace.
It is. I forgot about it, but I always setup it up like this because I usually only connect to my servers through one of my two Windows 8.1 machines. Thanks for reminding me this detail.

I'll check FreeRDP. I suppose KRDP is part of KDE, but I use LXDE on that oldie.