How to get a free XP1900+

Sol

Storage is cool
I seem to be making a habit of fixing hardware that many people would just throw away.
My latest triumph is an Athlon XP 1900+, one of the pins was missing, one snapped off near the bottom and several badly bent.
The one that came off entirely wasn't necessary (It wasn't actually attached to anything conductive just there for symmetry I guess) and the bent ones were easily fixed.
The snapped pin was a touch more tricky, I started trying to glue a staple to it and then coat it with silver to make it conduct properly. For some reason, however, I couldn't get it to run with a 133FSB. It posted fine at 100 but when I switched it up nothing.
Eventually I gave that up and just soldered a resister on and cut the leg off at the top of the rest of the pins. Now it seems to work fine, its a bit more secure too.
It's times like these I wish I had a digital camera, but at least I have a slightly used XP 1900+ now.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Bring the frankenstein CPU over to Tannin and have him take a photo of the beast. Wait, of course, untill daylight. :D

Sol

Storage is cool
I haven’t tested it fully yet because I don't have a spare hard drive so I'll take it over to Tony this arvo and see if he'll put it in Tea's gene crunching farm for a bit to give it a run through. Then I have to figure out if I trust it enough to make it my main processor. With one pin still missing and one soldered I don't know if it will last at high clocks.
Maybe I should just get a board and a bit of RAM and have it crunching 24/7 for a bit, see how it goes, cable next Friday and this, I could start gaining some ground on Pradeep and the Soup Nazi...
Maybe I could trade in my 1700 and set up a dual system...

Possibilities abound
Pictures will be forthcoming
If I knew the formatting
I would make this
A Haiku