How to Increase Your FAH Score(s)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm not sure...I'm more or less asking. But what do you think of this?

If you can increase your CPU speed AFTER a work unit is started (i.e. after the system is benchmarked for the unit) wouldn't you get more points per work unit? I think you are awarded points based on how fast you finish a work unit relative to the benchmark at the start of the WU. If that is true.......

I'm thinking you guys could use a program like SoftFSB, to jack up the FSB of your system after F@H has started in order to increase your CPU speed, finish the work unit way ahead of schedule, and (thus) increase your points/work unit.

Am I wrong about the scoring method?

C

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Clocker said:
If you can increase your CPU speed AFTER a work unit is started (i.e. after the system is benchmarked for the unit) wouldn't you get more points per work unit? I think you are awarded points based on how fast you finish a work unit relative to the benchmark at the start of the WU. If that is true.......

I'm thinking you guys could use a program like SoftFSB, to jack up the FSB of your system after F@H has started in order to increase your CPU speed, finish the work unit way ahead of schedule, and (thus) increase your points/work unit.

Typically sinister thinking by Clocker. :wink:

I'm not sure if that would work. I had forgotten about Soft FSB. I wonder how the machine would respond in bumping it from, say 100Mhz FSB back up to 167 while it is running. Somehow, I don't think I want to find out.

The only things I do to try and minimize frame time are to specify low (as opposed to idle) core priority during the first setup, and to specify 100% CPU usage. If I am not using the machine I open the Task Manager and set the FahCore_65.exe process to High priority even though it likely doesn't help much, if at all. After a WU finishes the core resets to Idle Priority on the next WU anyway.

Stereodude

Not really a
Groltz said:
I'm not sure if that would work. I had forgotten about Soft FSB. I wonder how the machine would respond in bumping it from, say 100Mhz FSB back up to 167 while it is running. Somehow, I don't think I want to find out.
I've dial the FSB around on a PC while it was running under a heavy CPU load. I never had any ill side effects. I didn't do it too much, but it did work and the PC did not crash.

Stereodude

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'd try it if I could but I can't on my sytem so somebody please try it. Maybe comparing two Protein As or something?

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
I always get times of each percent with very high SD (from 8-20 mins) in ProteinA. :(

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
I cant try it either. The only thing I've got right now is a Hewlett Packard E-pc which doesn't even have a configurable BIOS... :evil:

I wish I could change the memory settings on this somehow... or overclock it.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Why this thread reminds me somehow commercials like "How to enlarge your penis..."? :lol:

(no offence C.)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Prof.Wizard said:
Why this thread reminds me somehow commercials like "How to enlarge your penis..."? :lol:

(no offence C.)

None taken, PW. You're just making me wonder why that thought would enter your mind? :lol:

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
LOL :lol:

I frankly think there's no way to increase those result returns. Unless you go the traditional way and O/C...