How to restore IE7 toolbars to stock default

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
My dad's toolbars in IE are all Effed up. He has a bunch of custom search ones up there and all kinds of crap I don't know how he got in there. It's soo effed up that you can't even see his url address bar (he can't even type in an address).

How can I just get it back to bone stock? I will uninstall what I can but I'm afraid that may not cure his problem. I will be stopping over there tomorrow.

Go Colts!!

C

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Open the Add-On manager and get rid of pretty much everything except the Java and Flash stuff.

The only toolbar that should be installed is the status bar. Anything else is just bullshit.

Also, switch your dad to Firefox and don't ever look back.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Merc is right. WTF is he doing using IE anyway? You are the poor b*stard who will have to fix it when (not if, when) it gets infected. Tell him to get with the current century. (Firefox, Seamonkey, Opera, dosn't matter, all three are vastly safer, and niicer to use too.)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
:) My dad is not good with change. This is someone I had to explain the concept of 'double-click' to a couple years ago.

He's kept is system spyware free and doesn't venture out to the 'bad' stuff. So, I'm going to have him stick with what he's used to (IE) until I see a reason to ask him to switch.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It only took three or four years, but everyone whose computer I support has finally switched off of IE.

Everyone whose computer I don't support should do that also. Start the change now so it will be less painful later.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I can't claim everyone but close. Firefox is the most popular with my clients, but quite a few Moz/Seamonkey and starting to be quite a few Opera users amongst them too. It's their damn kids that cause the problems, especially when they get on MSN and start clicking on links.