I need a drink

Vlad The Impaler

Learning Storage Performance
Bartender,

You did not address me by my real name, because I have never used it either here or at SR. My real name is Ian.

Thankyou all for you knid words. I am slowly coming to terms. We had the funeral yesterday. We all blew bubbles and each took a flower.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Amy told me yesterday that she was going out with her new friend, staying at least overnight, and that there were no plans to leave her friend's house at any time. I told her to "give her one for me." :|

True to word, it's 8:15AM, and she hasn't been home.

Vlad The Impaler

On June 30th, 2002, she told me that none of it mattered any more.

Sunday, June 30th 2002 was a really poor day.

I think that you should make a break, for your own sanity. She is using your good-nature. I am sure it is not a malicious thing, but nonetheless she is still using you. It is not appropriate to do what she is doing and then come back to see you the next morning so soon after the events.

Just my 2 pennies worth....

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
"Just my 2 pennies worth...."

OT: can someone explain me what these means...? "Just my two cents" etc...?!

I haven't really understood when and why you use it. :-?

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Prof.Wizard said:
"Just my 2 pennies worth...."

OT: can someone explain me what these means...? "Just my two cents" etc...?!

I haven't really understood when and why you use it. :-?
It's just a way of saying "That's my small contribution" in the way of advice, my very humble opinion, or whatever. We use it to deflect criticism for having expressed the aforementioned.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
I see.

Oh yes, it works on every thread I've seen it so far. Thanks flag. :)

Dozer

Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
I wanted to express my deepest sympathies, and also to share this with you all. This is a quote that I have framed in my office, and it gives me peace to read it:

"Dreams are never destroyed by circumstances. Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die. Because while the difficult takes time,, the impossible just takes a little longer."

Never let circumstances kill your dreams.

alpha754293

What is this storage?
Merc: Good luck to you. *pats your back*. Been there...twice at the very least. Still remember BOTH accounts well.

Just got a new gf so...I'll have to see how far it goes for me. Not really expecting to last, but shhhhhhh.....she doesn't know that yet.

Collective therapy group support session. Suddenly being reminded of the song "RENT - Act I - #13 Life Support"

In any case, if you ever need to talk to someone, I'm online about 25 hours a day. ICQ 19728130.

Miraculously, throughout the latter part of my high school career, I was more a relationship psychologist for other people while remaining entirely single myself. Always had to remind them who they're talking to, but people just keep coming back to me. (not to toot my own horn or anything.)

If I could, I WOULD minor in psychology, and not clinical or criminal psych, but relationship psych...cuz I think that a lot more people can use the help or have that someone to talk to. I think that I'm only missing on the newer offerings by Dr. John Gray. Dr. Laura Schlissenger can go to kiss my.........for all I care, although the "10 stupid things that women do to mess up their lives" is actually quite interesting.

If you ever get a chance, hit the closest book store and pick it up. It's actually a very interesting book that some men also do SOME of the stuff that's listed in there. (P.S. '10 stupid things that men to do mess up their lives" is NOT a pre-requiste, but it would compliment it perfectly.)

just also read almost the entire thread, and realized that this started about two weeks ago. So, just catching up on stuff because I've just discovered this place. And yes...break ups of this nature are very difficult.

just...let me know.