problem ICH10R on Asus P6T SE shows up as ICH8R in SiSoft and DOS/Firmware updates?

KrazeyKami

What is this storage?
Hi all,

I have an Asus P6T SE, with the X58 southbridge. This uses the ICH10R Onboard Raid controller. I've installed the IRST 9.6 and the latest chipset drivers from Intel (for X58).

However, when i check with SiSoft Sandra, it says the following:

controller.jpg

I think SiSoft Sandra is faulty and not showing the right info, cause when i check a single disk, it says e.g. that it runs on SATA2 (Which is the case) as opposed to the image above, where it says the channels run on SATA1:

disk.jpg

So, i asume SiSoft is not showing the correct info.

BUT: When i updated the firmware for Samsung with the F4EG tool in DOS, it ALSO said that my drives were connected to the ICH8R.

In all cases, it should be the ICH10R.

My question: Is there some1 else who has an Asus P6T mobo with the X58 / ICH10R controller, and when checked with SiSoft, also sees ICH8R?

I'm having trouble with my computer when generating high input on the RAID5 array (it freezes or randomly reboots when heavy I/O on the array) and i'm trying to find the cause.

If other people DO see ICH10R where i see ICH8R, it might mean i have a faulty chipset, or wrong driver installed...

Hope some1 can help me or confirm the above.

Kind regards,
Kami.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I don't know why you would care about sandra.

What shows in device manager?

KrazeyKami

What is this storage?
I agree i shouldn't care as to what Sandra says;
I checked with Everest and it says ICH10R, and IRST gives both thumbs up for the array.

The reason i was getting curious, is that even the firmware flashing tool from Samsung for the drives said ICH8R in DOS. This by itself is explainable, as to maybe the driver architecture is somewhat the same as for ICH9R and ICH10R, but considering the fact i'm experiencing random crashes since i created the array, it was something i felt worth to investigate.

Update: I just removed a single older disk that contained my profile, and so far there are no more random crashes. I wonder for how long tho.. if it stays stable for 3 more days of downloading and moving data around on the array, im confident it was a faulty older disk causing the problems.

However, only time will tell... Thanks for the replies.