If you didn't notice...site was down all night

Handruin

Administrator
There were too many mysql connections causing MySQL not to accept any more traffic. Root of the cause still unknown.

Support really fell through the cracks. I raised hell last night and I even opened 7 urgent support tickets...no one came to help. I was (and still am) extremely pissed at them for not responding to this. Not much I can do other than complain.
:evil:
Sorry about this...

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Not your fault.

I experienced a lot of problems trying to access many other web sites last night too. It might have been a wider problem than just something related to your provider.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
...And currently, the led on my router for incoming traffic is blinking like crazy. There's something VERY wrong on the Net these days. Don't know if it's related to the SoBig.F worm or something, but it's weird.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm almost positive it was not related to the virus. I have SSH access on this server and I was able to notice 293 instances of msqld running on the host. This morning there were 5...

My suspicion is either someone severely messed up a script and cause erroneous connections, or some how mysql barfed. Being that this issue has never happened before on this host, I suspect it was some user error. If I had root access the site would have been fixed in the matter of 3-4 minutes.

In relation to these worm viruses going around, I've found that my router log shows numerous attempts to login using port 135. I know the security analyzer uses this port to detect if the patch is installed, but I also believe the virus utilizes this port also.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
anybody notice this problem last night?

sf.gif

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
ahhh, speaking about not getting into the site last night....

Handruin

Administrator
The site was available for the majority of the night, I was up until roughly 5:00AM and didn't notice any problems...did I miss something?

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Hmmm. Between 10-ish PM to 11:30-ish PM, I couldn't get in.