Intel Highly Defined Audio

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I had been using an old Intel 5th Generation NUC with dual-cored CPU for many years so I got a newer unit from November 2021.
Unfortunately the drivers for Intel HD Audio are now messed up, i.e., the warning sign appears in the Device Manger.
Win 10 update does nothing for it and the Realtek drivers from Intel don't resolve it either.
It's been years since I've had such problems (mostly in older OS), but I'm stumped now. :(
I'd like to fix this defect, but reinstalling the OS is not a viable option. Thanks.

LunarMist

I have no idea how that works. The sound from the stero mini is going to the speakers just fine. I even reset the BIOS to no avail.

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
If the device is actually the "Intel HD Audio", it is probably the audio over HDMI that is announcing a problem, not the actual sound IC (like a RealTek).I'd try refreshing the Intel chipset drivers. Or just ignore it if you aren't using HDMI audio.

LunarMist

I don't use the HDMIs at home, but you helped me figure it out. The video driver and software was not correct and I had to install the Intel version. I had updated the audio several times and also the chipset. It did not dawn on me that the video driver (IGFX something) was controlling the Intel HD Audio. I suppose Windows update downloaded something else? You would think that iNtel sells a boatload of CPUs with Xe video and that MS would support them automatically. :(

LunarMist

I connected the NUC via HDMI to Yamahas receiver and that is connected to my old TV. Voilà, there are sounds from the big speakers and images on the screen. :) The video looks a bit crude, as would be expected at full HD resolution.