IOMEGA IS GIVING ME FITS...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I'm trying to setup a way to move large video files from school to home, to store.

I have 3 jazz drives, and one of them works fine with the mac. In fact, all three work fine with the mac.

For some reason, they suck eggs on my pc slow card, even when termination is on, and they are on proper scsi id.

I have three devices that read fine on the card, but when I try to copy a cd, I get write errors, and device errors. They say 'input error' but, I've used two different devices, and copied both to hard drive, and read off that, so I think it's either termination, the card, or the cable.

Thing is, it's cheaper to buy a new firewire burner then a scsi cable, capable for all devices, and terminator. Plus, I have the firewire card.

I may get the GD cable I have, hook it up to each device, and figure which one sucks...

This weekend.

gs

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I use an old 20 GB notebook drive in one of those cheap USB 2.0/firewire enclosures. The data transfer rate is ca. 17 MB/s, pretty much limited by the drive.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
LunarMist said:
I use an old 20 GB notebook drive in one of those cheap USB 2.0/firewire enclosures. The data transfer rate is ca. 17 MB/s, pretty much limited by the drive.

Probably a lot more reliable than any Jazz drive also. IIRC those Jazz drives were horribly unreliable. Plus, they only hold 1 or 2 gigs. Actually I think anything that iomega made/makes was horribly unreliable.

Why not get a drive enclosure with firewire or USB2 and only hard drive and transfer files that way.