Is it possible to tie 2 different TR5UT+B's together in RAID 10

yoos

What is this storage?
I purchased 2 Sans Digital TR5UT+B units on newegg and have 2TB seagate drives in every bay. My question is, is it possible to use RAID 10 on both units together? That is, I would like all five drives in unit 1 to be mirrored in unit 2, thus giving me 2 units with the same amount of 10TB data. If this is possible, how do I do it? Anyone know?

Thank you!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have the Rosewill 8-bay unit that I believe is identical to that. As I recall, there's a pretty serious limitation to the number of SATA ports supported by the SiL RAID controller that I presume was provided with your enclosures, such that the controller will only address a maximum of five independent volumes. Which means that you can't treat all eight of your individual drives as individual drives and run a Software RAID10 using an OS like Linux or FreeNAS that might support such a thing. Likewise, I could not get the SiL management utility to create a single volume across two different cards, each connected to one of the port multipliers in the enclosure that I have.

It is at that point that I took my drives out of that enclosure and put the stupid thing on Craigslist.

You might have better luck with a real SAS/SATA controller such as an IBM M1015 or Dell Perc. I wasn't ambitious enough to bother.