Jason hasn't posted on SR for one week!

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I was just by SR and I noticed that there weren't any new topics or posts by Jason, so just out of curiosity I checked when his last post was, and found it is was on Tue Jun 11, 2002 at 8:17 pm, or just over a week ago. Am I the only one here who is completely dumbfounded by this? Or is anyone else here besides me seriously considering the possibility that Jason is: a)dead b)in jail(courtesy of his "friends") c)banned by Eugene? Or could it just be that he finally got the life he claims he always had?

Talk about going from one extreme to the other. :eek: At least now I have a chance to catch up to him in post count. 261 down, 3077 to go! :wink:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I haven't noticed because a) I no longer visit SR's Bar & Grille forum and b) I no longer pay attention to Jason.

If he has left, then maybe I will come back there to check if there's something noteworthy to read. Jason isn't the only annoyance on SR's forum however, but his absence certainly isn't going to hurt.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
[extremely extremely extremely evil mode]
Perhaps he is in jail...
[/extremely extremely extremely evil mode]
:eek4:

Handruin

Administrator
jtr1962 said:
I was just by SR and I noticed that there weren't any new topics or posts by Jason, so just out of curiosity I checked when his last post was, and found it is was on Tue Jun 11, 2002 at 8:17 pm, or just over a week ago. Am I the only one here who is completely dumbfounded by this? Or is anyone else here besides me seriously considering the possibility that Jason is: a)dead b)in jail(courtesy of his "friends") c)banned by Eugene? Or could it just be that he finally got the life he claims he always had?

Talk about going from one extreme to the other. :eek: At least now I have a chance to catch up to him in post count. 261 down, 3077 to go! :wink:

It is funny you mention this. I did notice the lack of postings from him and I too, looked up his last post date. He could be on vacation...

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Handruin said:
It is funny you mention this. I did notice the lack of postings from him and I too, looked up his last post date. He could be on vacation...
Yeah. A 10-year vacation in the Houston Correction Institute. :lol:

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
The following crimes are Capital Murder in Texas:
murder of a public safety officer or firefighter; murder during the commission of kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, or obstruction or retaliation; murder for remuneration; murder during prison escape; murder of a correctional employee; murder by a state prison inmate who is serving a life sentence for any of five offenses (murder, capital murder, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault, or aggravated robbery); multiple murders; murder of an individual under six years of age.

He's lucky. There's no death penalty for fraud. :crucified:

Onomatopoeic

Learning Storage Performance
Prof.Wizard said:
...Yeah. A 10-year vacation in the Houston Correction Institute. :lol:

Isn't "Jason" the same person as the "JEHH" person that was talked about once around here -- a person that posts a lot at the Storage Review? If so, he doesn't live near Houston, instead he lives on up in the bible belt zone -- DALLAS.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
According to his cult of personality on SR, he's changed residence three times in the last year. I'm pretty sure he's in or around Houston, now.

Onomatopoeic

Mercutio said:
According to his cult of personality on SR, he's changed residence three times in the last year. I'm pretty sure he's in or around Houston, now.

He was in Lewisville, I believe. That's definitely up thar in the bible belt territories of Dallas / Fort Worth.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Onomatopoeic said:
Isn't "Jason" the same person as the "JEHH" person that was talked about once around here -- a person that posts a lot at the Storage Review?
Yes, you are right. It's him.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Do prisons have Internet cafes for behaving inmates?! :lol:
(he might post from there...)

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Onomatopoeic said:
Isn't "Jason" the same person as the "JEHH" person that was talked about once around here -- a person that posts a lot at the Storage Review? If so, he doesn't live near Houston, instead he lives on up in the bible belt zone -- DALLAS.

Yeah, that's him. He was formerly k-tech on SR, and he did live in or around Lewisville(at least several address changes ago). And he has 3337 posts(mostly CNN/AP news cut and pastes) since he re-registered on SR late last December which is why nearly everyone here has complained about him in one way or another. Right now he has a particularly vocal group of detractors on SR who claim that they purchased items from his former company and never received them, just in case you were wondering what all the talk of prisons was about in this thread. :lol:

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Do prisons have Internet cafes for behaving inmates?!

They'd better not. I can imagine him giving us his helicopter-lessons style reports.

"Today I was bent over the toilet by a 6ft 5 black man. Here is a photo of the guy:

cainecla.rkd

It isn't, in fact, as easy as it looks. You have to continually monitor the force with which you insert the "flight control stick" (located between ones legs), since the torque from the tail-entry blah blah blah...." :wink:

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Somehow I just knew he would come back when I heard on the news that the Supreme Court ruled the pledge of allegiance was unconstitutional. That topic had Jason written all over it. :lol:

Mercutio

Jason has shown restraint. He's only posted twice in the thread. *I've* posted five or six times in that thread, and our very own Mr. Green has taken the contrarian stance that has bumped his post count a good deal, too.

It'd be a fine place for a visit by CNN Sport, actually. Of course probably everyone else in the world thinks we're nuts for arguing over that stuff anyway.

Back to Jason: I think I saw some posts of his in "Computers", too.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I just found a couple of Jason's comments in the Pledge of Allegiance thread that I thought were relevant, even humorous:

Yep, I do... but I often respond without thinking through my thoughts, I simply type as I think, without editing.

Sometimes this leaves my reply half finished, sometimes it means it makes little sense...

This is also why I can reply so often, it takes very little time to hit reply, and type as I think without considering how to word something, or condense it down to a single thought...

I tend to repeat myself... true...

Of course, what you read here is but a small sample of me, and is probably a poor example to base an opinion off of.

and lastly, my favorite:

In truth, the sword is mightier than the pen, especially when you build a lot of swords...

Enjoy! :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Mercutio

Please note that at the time I wrote my previous comment, he HADN'T gone into "five posts to reply to one post by The Giver" mode yet.

CNN Sport

What is this storage?
"Ed? They are asking us if we can slip over to Storage Review Stadium and do a telecast of the Pledge of Allegiance game. What do you think?"

"Well, I guess it's time we did some more live coverage, Dave. Which game did you say it was again?"

"Pledge of Allegiance, Ed."

"Oh my God. They expect me to read that all the way through? I don't get paid enough to do this shit."

Mercutio

S'OK. Bill and I were having a rational argument until Jason came along and finished off the thread.

It might yet be fun. Wasn't CNN Sport invented to chronical the China thread in the first place?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Mercutio said:
Jason has shown restraint. He's only posted twice in the thread. *I've* posted five or six times in that thread, and our very own Mr. Green has taken the contrarian stance that has bumped his post count a good deal, too.

It'd be a fine place for a visit by CNN Sport, actually. Of course probably everyone else in the world thinks we're nuts for arguing over that stuff anyway.

Back to Jason: I think I saw some posts of his in "Computers", too.

I made a rare visit to SR to check that thread for CNN Sport rants and was disappointed to find none.

At this present time it looks like the post tally for the Pledge of Allegiance thread is at:

#1 Jason = 26

#2 The Giver = 23

#3 Mercutio = 11

(I didn't bother with anyone else)

The Grammar Police

Mercutio said:
Please note that at the time I wrote my previous comment, he HADN'T gone into "five posts to reply to one post by The Giver" mode yet.

This, gentlemen, poses a potential problem. Think it through: we all know that The Giver practically never replies to a post with a single post of his own, but responds with at least two and a half posts (on average). Now, if I have my sums correct, 5 * 2.5 = twelve and a half. So, as soon as Jason replies to those 12 posts with ... er ... 60 new ones of his own, The Giver will undoubtedly feel obliged to respond with 180 items of his usual bigoted nonsense. By Monday morning we should have 180 * 5 * 2.5 * 5 * 2.5 * 5 * 2.5 = 351,563!

Oh my God! This means that by Friday the Storage Review server will crash and that by ... er ... Wednesday week the the volume of Jason's replies to The Giver's 1,290,456,339,789 posts will be sufficient to melt down the entire known universe!

Mercutio

I think I beat them both in terms of volume. :)
Plus I think I was nice to everybody, and *still* snuck in a good burn on Jason.

Anyway, the whole thing just reminded me of something funny, so...

Monty Python's Argument Clinic Sketch said:
* M= Man looking for an argument
* R= Receptionist
* Q= Abuser
* A= Arguer
* C= Complainer
* H= Head Hitter

M: Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.
R: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?
M: No, I haven't, this is my first time.
R: I see. Well, do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?
M: Well, what is the cost?
R: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.
M: Well, I think it would be best if I perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.
R: Fine. Well, I'll see who's free at the moment.

Pause
R: Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory.
Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.
M: Thank you.
(Walks down the hall. Opens door.)
Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT?
M: Well, I was told outside that...
Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!
M: What?
Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!
M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!
Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.
M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.
Q: Not at all.
M: Thank You. (Under his breath) Stupid git!!
(Walk down the corridor)
M: (Knock)
A: Come in.
M: Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?
A: I told you once.
M: No you haven't.
A: Yes I have.
M: When?
A: Just now.
M: No you didn't.
A: Yes I did.
M: You didn't
A: I did!
M: You didn't!
A: I'm telling you I did!
M: You did not!!
A: Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?
M: Oh, just the five minutes.
A: Ah, thank you. Anyway, I did.
M: You most certainly did not.
A: Look, let's get this thing clear; I quite definitely told you.
M: No you did not.
M: You didn't.
A: Did.
M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.
A: Yes it is.
M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.
A: No it isn't.
M: It is!
A: It is not.
M: Look, you just contradicted me.
A: I did not.
M: Oh you did!!
A: No, no, no.
M: You did just then.
A: Nonsense!
M: Oh, this is futile!
M: I came here for a good argument.
A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
A: It can be.
M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
A: Yes it is!
M: No it isn't!
M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
(short pause)
M: It is.
A: Not at all.
M: Now look.
A: (Rings bell) Good Morning.
M: What?
A: That's it. Good morning.
M: I was just getting interested.
A: Sorry, the five minutes is up.
M: That was never five minutes!
A: I'm afraid it was.
M: It wasn't.
Pause
A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.
M: What?!
A: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.
M: Yes, but that was never five minutes, just now. Oh come on!
A: (Hums)
M: Look, this is ridiculous.
A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!
M: Oh, all right. (pays money)
A: Thank you.
short pause
M: Well?
A: Well what?
M: That wasn't really five minutes, just now.
A: I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid.
M: I just paid!
A: No you didn't.
M: I DID!
A: No you didn't.
M: Look, I don't want to argue about that.
A: Well, you didn't pay.
M: Aha. If I didn't pay, why are you arguing? I Got you!
A: No you haven't.
M: Yes I have. If you're arguing, I must have paid.
A: Not necessarily. I could be arguing in my spare time.
M: Oh I've had enough of this.
A: No you haven't.
M: Oh Shut up. (Walks down the stairs. Opens door.)

M: I want to complain.
C: You want to complain! Look at these shoes. I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through.
M: No, I want to complain about...
C: If you complain nothing happens, you might as well not bother.
M: Oh!
C: Oh my back hurts, it's not a very fine day and I'm sick and tired of this office.
M: (Slams door. walks down corridor, opens next door.)
M: Hello, I want to... Ooooh!
H: No, no, no. Hold your head like this, then go Waaah. Try it again.
M: uuuwwhh!!
H: Better, Better, but Waah, Waah! Put your hand there.
M: No.
H: Now..
M: Waaaaah!!!
H: Good, Good! That's it.
M: Stop hitting me!!
H: What?
M: Stop hitting me!!
H: Stop hitting you?
M: Yes!
H: Why did you come in here then?
M: I wanted to complain.
H: Oh no, that's next door. It's being-hit-on-the-head lessons in here.
M: What a stupid concept.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Seriously though, I was enjoying the conversation up to Jason's reappearence. The posts by Mercutio and Balding_ape were particularly challenging. Has Balding_ape been invited here? He's pretty sharp.