Knoppix unavailable?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I was just looking at some things related to the storage server article and noticed that knoppix.org isn't distributing knoppix at the moment over concerns about European software patents.

Which is a shame, 'cause I really wanted to discuss its use, per discussions in our storage server thread.

Mirrors are still running, but I wonder how up-to-date they'll be.

Kind of sad news, I guess.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Knoppix is still around. A couple of months ago, many open source software sites changed their homepage to that protest page to warn people about the possible passing of a European software patents law. It was only supposed to last for one day (or was it a week?), but for some reason Knoppix never removed it. The real home page is here.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
knoppix is famous for new releases.. it's updated about once every 2 weeks. The newest version is 7 days old....

That being said, the newest version isn't always the best.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
SteveC said:
Knoppix is still around. A couple of months ago, many open source software sites changed their homepage to that protest page to warn people about the possible passing of a European software patents law. It was only supposed to last for one day (or was it a week?), but for some reason Knoppix never removed it. The real home page is here.

Yeah there is an in-line link to that page on knoppix.org.