Least expensive SATA laptop that would allow a Vertex Turbo to work at full speed?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
Anyone have any suggestions for a lower priced laptop that would take a Vertex Turbo
to work at full speed?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Any that have a current ICH and support SATA 3Gbs would be in that category. Wimpy CPUs and other factors can limit useful system performance before the ICH though. What is the notebook used for?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
General surfing, word processing,and a bit of gaming, older games that is. I was looking at the Lenovo T60.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I though maybe you were compiling a gazillion lines of code or running queries on a massive db all day. It doesn't seem like you need any special hardware beyond a discrete graphics card.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I've got an extra sitting on my desk, and it's either ebay or try it in a laptop.
It's too small to run in the HTPC, old gaming machine, and, to be honest, I didn't notice a big difference between it and the Velociraptor when I had it installed in the Athlon 3000.

I've got Kingspec drives that show 70 MB/s Pata, and good access time in a used CF-51, so, I figured if I double the through put, I might actually notice the difference.
Would probably have to be an XP Pro laptop, since I suspect 7 would eat the speed difference.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Vertex Turbo Sata II 30 gig, by OCZ.

My array in the server should be faster then it is, and I don't think it's worth the time and effort to add it.
Don't use half of the current array anyway.