Lingering members

Handruin

Administrator
Not that this is a big deal, but I was thinking of purging the Database of members that have not activated their account yet. The people I speak of have signed up right around the time we opened the doors, and never clicked on the verification link.

I can tell who has not done this in the database and I was thinking of removing them. Would anyone object to me doing this? These members of course have no posts, I will not remove a name if it has a post, but the ones who have not activated cannot have any posts.

I can list the names of the members who have not activated before doing so if people would like to see who they are.

No rush...just a little backend cleanup work I was planning on doing.

-Doug

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Seems reasonable, but is it possible to email them with a form letter saying that if they don't respond to the verification that they will be removed from the membership list first. The letter should contain an easy link for them to be verified. If we are lucky, a few will click on the link and like what they see.

The point is to encourage them to come back and participate. They have undoubtably forgotten about us and a little reminder may get someone back. If the deletion occurs without the reminder we will probably not see them again, which is a sad loss.

Marketing repitition/exposure generates customers.

Handruin

Administrator
P5-133XL said:
Seems reasonable, but is it possible to email them with a form letter saying that if they don't respond to the verification that they will be removed from the membership list first. The letter should contain an easy link for them to be verified. If we are lucky, a few will click on the link and like what they see.

The point is to encourage them to come back and participate. They have undoubtably forgotten about us and a little reminder may get someone back. If the deletion occurs without the reminder we will probably not see them again, which is a sad loss.

Marketing repitition/exposure generates customers.

Very good point, this is why I ask these silly questions. :)

I can e-mail them, but the activation link is pretty much impossible to send to them again.

How about this:

What I can do is send them a reminder stating that they registered without activating their account and ask if they are still interested in the forum/site. I can then manually activate their account(s). If I do not get a reply in 1-2 weeks, and or if they do not show up, I will remove them from the board.

Does this sound like a good compromise?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I'm all for it. Especially for a weird member call Doug. I mean, why this guy registered here anyway? I'm sure he's a troll. ;-)