Looking for an EATX Case

Gilbo

Storage is cool
The Silverstone TJ-05 is a very nice case at a relatively good price. In fact, it's what I would have recommended to you myself. A little touch that I like is the placement of the USB, firewire and audio ports on the side of the front of the case. The fact that there's a firewire port at all is also nice. A very nice feature, especially considering the price, is the fan controller that has three temperature sensors, and adjusts fan speeds based on those temps. Anandtech reviewed the Temjin 05 here, for those that are curious.

Other than the TJ-05 the Coolermaster Stacker is a decent buy, depending on your needs. The Stacker offers ease of ventilation and a lot of drive bays. For most systems though, I'd go with the TJ-05 at this price point.

On the value front, I would say the Compucase LX-6A19 or the Antec SLK3700AMB are the best choices, but it looks to me that you want something with a little more style sechs.

Personally, I don't think you can do better than the TJ-05. It's a nice-looking, intelligent design at a less than exorbitant price.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks Gilbo.

The TJ05 is a little bit pricier than I'd prefer, but it just seems to have so many useful features. I'll check those other cases that you've mentioned.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Coincidentally, the interior of that particular Antec marks it as made by Compucase. :)

FYI, the Compucase 6A19 is also available in black, at least in this part of the world. It looks way better in this color, IMO.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I don't know if the YY-5601 supports EATX, but the dimensions show it's more than deep enough.

yy-5601_2.jpg

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I should have mentioned that having a door to cover my highly colour-mismatched optical drives is an aesthetic must. This has to sit on my desk, and I don't want to look at beige-black-ivory everytime I glance to the right....

The Antec case is not described as being EATX-compatible. My theory is that, if it doesn't specifically support EATX, unless someone can personally testify that it'll work, it won't. I don't want to try to put a processor behind a drive cage.

Gilbo

Storage is cool
Oops. I forgot about the EATX requirement when I mentioned the SLK3700AMB and the LX-6A19. They're both ATX.

I've yet to find an EATX case for less than ~US$150, and I was looking for some time.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
This looks to be just a really tall version of the case that I have now. Really tall. If I were building a storage server, this would probably be the case to use.

Did I mention that it's tall?

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
This one looks interesting. No door, tho'. I'll have to see if I can find more information on it.

Thanks Bozo