Lost: stupid audio thread

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Does anyone remember a ripper thread based around a fruitcake of an audio engineer who, hand on heart, swore blind that you can hear the difference between tracks recorded on blank blue media vs blank silver media vs blank gold media? Different tonal quality and all that stuff? He was awell-respected engineer (aside from that quirk) and had a web page with his bizarre views written down in black and white.

It may have been back on the old Storage Review, I think. Anyway, I'd love to find the thread, or better, find the web site.

Ring any bells?

[Edit]

What is this storage?
There was also a great pile of cack floating around the audio community back in the early '90s, where people were claiming that a CD with copious amounts of green permanent marker ink applied to the back side (the label side) of an audio CD made the audio output quality smoother. Sheesh!

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
There was also a great pile of cack floating around the audio community back in the early '90s, where people were claiming that a CD with copious amounts of green permanent marker ink applied to the back side (the label side) of an audio CD made the audio output quality smoother. Sheesh!

I thought it was to the edges of the cd?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I have a large sum of money that I would like to invest. Does anyone know who makes those markers?

Stereodude

Not really a
Does anyone remember a ripper thread based around a fruitcake of an audio engineer who, hand on heart, swore blind that you can hear the difference between tracks recorded on blank blue media vs blank silver media vs blank gold media? Different tonal quality and all that stuff? He was awell-respected engineer (aside from that quirk) and had a web page with his bizarre views written down in black and white.

It may have been back on the old Storage Review, I think. Anyway, I'd love to find the thread, or better, find the web site.

Ring any bells?
Sounds familiar, but spending some time with Google didn't turn up anything.

How about http://johnvestman.com/digital_myth.htm ?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Bingo! Well done, Stereodude. That's the site, I'm pretty sure. Unfortunately, he's toned it down quite a bit and sounds near-reasonable now. Perhaps I need to play with the go back machine.