Lumia 900

sedrosken

Florida Man
I got ahold of my mom's old Nokia Lumia 900. It's old, but it works and does far more than my old phone. I'd prefer a newer Android handset but I'll take what I can get.

I have to give credit where it's due. For the tiny amount of apps that run on the outdated Windows Phone 7.8 platform, they all run very smoothly. I looked at the hardware specs and was shocked to find this only has 512 MB RAM.

I'm trying hard to find something not to like, and I don't have to look too far. I have to use the Zune application to sync. It does not just act as a mass storage device like an android would. However, iFruits do the same thing with iTunes and everyone eats that up. Also the amount of apps that are available is seriously tiny.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I used Windows Mobile for years and I was perfectly happy with it. The biggest reason I moved to Android was availability of larger and higher resolution screen options. I generally point people I don't think would do well with an Android device at a Windows phone now.

You should be able to get an SMB client for your phone if it isn't built in already.

sedrosken

Florida Man
My grandmother has the 925 and says she's ditching it on Friday for an Android phone like Grandpa and Mom have now. There's a crack in its screen, but there's a skin on it that makes it look as though it isn't there if you are looking at it from the right angle. The skin also prevents it from getting worse. Here's hoping she sends it my way when she ditches it instead of applying it to their next bill.

I want it because it can be updated to 8.1, even though she only has it running 8.0. She says she doesn't have time to plug it into her computer so it can update. I keep trying to tell her that it can probably do it OTA, but she won't listen. Whatever. I like the 900 okay enough, but it's old and its age is showing in its dwindling supply of useful apps.