Making a DVD

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
I have a couple of VOB files that I want to add to a DVD—except the VOB files in question won't play with audio.

If I use MPC on the computer, or Nero Show Time, the files play just fine.

When I use Nero VisionExpress to author the DVD, the files play but ther is no audio. As near as I can figure, GSpot says they are AC3 audio encoded.

I can't seem to use DVD2SVCD, BeSweet or anything else to convert them. Can someone give me some pointers?[/i]

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
You need the AC3filter codec to enable support for AC3 if you don't have it any other way.

I install it with those KazaaLite codec packs that're in the toolbox section.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Have you tried just making a data disc, with the VOB files in it?

DVD Shrink will probably also work.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Mercutio said:
You need the AC3filter codec to enable support for AC3 if you don't have it any other way.

I install it with those KazaaLite codec packs that're in the toolbox section.

I have the (most recent) K-Lite codec pack installed, and looking at the Configuration menu, it looks like the AC3 codec is installed. I tried setting the Use AC3 Filter for options to PCM and MPEG Audio (all the other options were already ticked) but no joy.[/b]

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Pradeep said:
Have you tried just making a data disc, with the VOB files in it?

DVD Shrink will probably also work.

THey are non-standard VOB files. There are no IFO or other files so Shrinks re-author utility won't work.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Solved. I needed Nero Ultra edition—with a plugin for Nero VisionExpress in order to author AC3 DVD files.