MB question

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Will a Baby AT motherboard fit in a Micro ATX case?
I have a ASUS P5A-B Baby AT board that I would like to install in a 2U case and use as a router.

Thanks,

Bozo :mrgrn:

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I'm reasonably sure it won't fit. Even if it did, you would still have to replace the ATX power supply with an AT PS and those are different sized too.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Physically, it WILL fit.
But you'll have to mod your case, since 3/4 of the screw holes will be in the wrong place.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Some cases have multiple screw fittings and you can just use the appropriate ones. Also, thre main board you have, if I remember correctly, has an ATX PSU connector as well as Baby AT, so you are a chance.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
All the 4U cases I have include both ATX and AT motherboard mounting holes (and these are cases purchased within the last year), along with a variety of marked holes for boards I can't identify. I guess they are for various types of passive backplanes. Dunno for sure.

If it's a real server-class 2U case, I'd be surprised if it didn't have holes for both ATX and AT. But then I'm easily surprised these days.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Tannin, you're right. This MB has both styles of power connectors.
And, it wouldn't be the first time I've fired up the dremel tool to make something fit :D

Bozo :mrgrn: