Memtest86+

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Based upon the well known memory diagnostic tool memtest86 (written by Chris Brady, but not updated since mid '02), Memtest86+ offers compatibility with the latest platforms and also provides some new useful features.

Memtest86+, like the original, is released under the terms of the Gnu Public License (GPL).

http://www.memtest.org/

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I haven't tried Memtest86 v3.1 yet. I note that Chris Brady's list of improvements in this release don't mention anything about including any of the little feature improvements that Memtest86+ brought to the table.

And speaking about Memtest86+ features, when I had previously used the v1.00 release the memory timings feature worked fine with the mobos and RAM I had tested. But when I used v1.11 just recently, it didn't display the timings. This was in conjunction with some Corsair ram and Gigabyte KT600 boards. I'm wondering if Memtest86+ was unable to because the memory settings are naturally hidden in those Gigabyte board's BIOS (unless you hit Cntl-F1 on the main BIOS menu to get access to the extended set of info).