Mercutio@1k posts

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Congratulations for 1000 posts! :beer:

Hope you overcome your recent problems and return to the usual posting rate :)

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Congrats Merc,

Your posts show are informative especially your tech support answers. Good job, keep up the good work.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Kudos Merc-man. And I really enjoy your posts. :)
(BTW, you're about to reach that mark in SR too...)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
1000 posts just means I've posted 1000 times. It's not a race and for damn sure it's not like a "first among equals" thing. I really didn't notice until about two minutes ago that I'd actually passed 1000 posts. I thought I was still in the upper 900s someplace.

Anyway, thanks for what it's worth. My contribution here is directly proportional to the value I place in comminucation with everyone who visits our little site. There are good friends here and new things to learn every day and if I can't bring myself to talk all the time right now , know that I'll see things sooner or later. SF is my start page on most of my PCs browsers, anyway.
Thanks all. Thanks for reading and thanks for replying and thanks for kindness in the last few weeks.

She left today, by the way.

The Giver

Learning Storage Performance
Sorry to hear that. Would some of The Giver's poetry help?

BTW - Congratulations on the 1000. Seems to The Giver that should rate more than "wannabe storage freak".

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Merc-

Thanks for helping out 1000+ times!

BTW: How is that 10GB DiamondMax I sold you working out?

C

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's happily (and quietly - a good quality in a year-old DM40+) whirring away in Amy's PC. It replaced an original 9GB Barracuda ATA that was just too much of a pain to keep cool. The 'Cuda is now part of my "data transfer toolkit" and lives in the trunk of my car with all my other tools.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Yawn. Another day, another milestone.

It all seems a little ho-hum the second or third or fourth time around, doesn't it. And yet it is not just hohum in this instance. Any fool can tell by looking at the post counts that Mercutio has the most at present - but it isn't by mere quantity that we learn to like and respect our fellow members: it is by their wisdom, their technical knowledge, their sense of humour, their willingness to share, to go the extra yard to help another member out. And in all these things Mercutio is a leader amongst us. This place would be greatly diminished without him.

Well posted, my friend.

James

Storage is cool
Thanks Merc for all your postings, for two important reasons - first, nearly always I find your posts informative, helpful, interesting or funny, and sometimes several at once. Second, you've created volume and interaction on this site which has really helped it get off the ground.