Microsoft Outlook and Samsung Phones...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
I've ordered the software that allows some sort of communication between my Samsung A707 phone and Microsoft Outlook, for at least a calendar.

Anyone used this stuff? If so tips, or ideas?

Thanks

Greg

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I've used the software BitPim to talk to my phone. You might want to identify want software you are using.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Software came in today, and works well.
Made by www.mobileaction.com
it's there Mobile Phone Management Tool. Handset manager software. It allows me to transfer my Outlook calendar and contacts to my Samsung phone.

I'm also using Chapura's PocketMirror to transfer my Palm Pilot files to Outlook Express. So far, both have worked like a charm. I will have to clean up my address book entries, but, other then that, it's working great.

S

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Why do you use OE?
Only reason I've started using Outlook is because I can sink it on to the phone. Don't know another program that can do that.

So far, it's worked pretty well. Audio alarms for dates on the calendar, and, being able to transfer my addresses to my phone. It's pretty nice having your PalmPilot information on your phone. So far, so good.

GS

Adcadet

Storage Freak
I understand using Outlook when sync'ing - I use Outlook for that very reason with my Dell Axim. But Outlook Express? I haven't used OE in years as I found Thunderbird to work better and have now switched to Gmail. Does it OE sync now, or what that just a misunderstanding on my part?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Software came in today, and works well.
Made by www.mobileaction.com
it's there Mobile Phone Management Tool. Handset manager software. It allows me to transfer my Outlook calendar and contacts to my Samsung phone.

I'm also using Chapura's PocketMirror to transfer my Palm Pilot files to Outlook . So far, both have worked like a charm. I will have to clean up my address book entries, but, other then that, it's working great.

S

There, I fixed it. Sorry about the mistype.

Greg

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
I can't find the files, or place, that Outlook keeps it's contact, and other files. Anyone have a location, and if so, is it just like any other file you could copy to a flash drive, and move from one machine to another?

Thanks

Greg

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Hi
I can't find the files, or place, that Outlook keeps it's contact, and other files. Anyone have a location, and if so, is it just like any other file you could copy to a flash drive, and move from one machine to another?

Thanks

Greg

For Outlook, you can go to
tools->options->mail setup->data files and it will tell you the location of the .pst that outlook uses. What I have done in the past is to simply search for all *.pst files on the computer and then backup/copy the one(s) that are current.

And yes, typically, everything is in one file and yes you can copy it to a flash drive and import it to another machine. You can also use the import/export features of Outlook to transfer all or parts of Outlook data to a new pst which can used on another copy of Outlook. You can even have multiple pst files, so you can simply add a new pst file from another machine and Outlook will keep all the old data and add the new data as a new set of personal folders.