Motherboard Prices

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I've been updating my price list for KT333 boards and I'm amazed at how different the prices end up being for similar board. Nevertheless, at the present, Gigabyte and MSI are priced very close to each other, with a rebate on the MSI boards, so they're $3.00 less. Asus is terribly high at the moment, and Soltek is in-between. As usual, ECS and DFI are very inexpensive.

What I like about the GA-7VRX is that there are no extra moving parts (fans) on the motherboard. Also, the ATX connector is in a better place then the MSI KT3 Ultra2 and the two extra USB headers are better positioned. Oh, and Gigabyte doesn't have a useless CNR slot like the MSI board. Gigabyte still uses a DIP Switch to control the multiplyer, which is fine, I wouldn't mind having FSB and VCORE onboard with DIP Switch support too. Gigabyte also has 3 DIMM slots instead of the 2 for MSI (not that I would probably populate all three).

Did I just talk myself into a line of motherboards?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Both the GA 7RXP and 7AXP are really, really nice boards, Buck. I've been using the 7RXP since it came out and I have to say it's been a good choice so far.

Also, with Asus, I notice they use a nonstandard backplate on otherwise vanilla boards. What the hell is up with that?