MS admits XP SP1 sucks hard

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Got your attention, didn't I?

Read all about it here.

Story has been on /. since last night but other sites don't seem to be pick it up, so here you go.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
lol, didnt you know every bug fix or patch from MS slows things down... it's just the ass backwards way they fix things in their bloat ware...

It has been this way, afaik, since winNT4.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Although this is a possibility (remember, it depends on the software that you are running), SP1 fixes a lot of issues related to USB 2.0, 1394, and as I mentioned in another thread, 48-bit LBA support, amongst other things.

SteveC

Storage is cool
It seems that Nero loads much faster on my system, after applying the patch. When putting in a blank CD, and clicking on "Create New CD Using Nero" from the pop-up menu, it used to take a long time to load (20-30 seconds?), but now it's less than 5 seconds.

Mercutio

Nope. In fact I had a fairly long internal debate about what, exactly, it should suck hard. In the end, I decided to leave it to our various imaginations.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Does anyone know where I can download the 'FIX' for the hard sucking?

Thanks,

Bozo :D

Mercutio

I've got it, if you can't find it anyplace else.

I believe I saw a number of mirrors for the fix with the associated slashdot article (I mean, a LOT of mirrors, probably close to 20, spread out among the comments).