multi-monitor not working: 9600Pro & XP

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
late last night I installed a 9600Pro in my new system. I used the latest Catalyst , C'Panel and Hydravsion drivers and software. both display adaptors show up as corretly installed as per the image.

attachment.php

trouble is .... my 2nd monitor does not display anything once XP (well vid drivers) is loaded. my 2nd monitor displays the boot sequence just fine but as soon as I load into XP it blanks out. I haven't had a chance to really look into it but as far as I can tell, everything the drivers are fine and XP multimonitor is configured correctly. although this seems a software/driver issue, I tried a another DVI>D-sub connector which made no difference.

any ideas?

mangyDOG

Learning Storage Performance
I know this is really obvious ( :wink: ) but is the tickbox for "extend my desktop to X monitor" ticked? (in Display Properties | Settings )

It is not a hardware problem as you are able to see the boot sequence on both monitors so it must be a setting in display properties. One other item to check is that the resolution and refresh rate for the 2nd monitor are not set higher than what the hardware can cope with. Try setting the screen size on both monitors to 800*600 and the refresh rate to 60Hz to see if they will both then go...

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
yes, the 2nd monitor is enabled and desktop extended. I posted this question on another forum and a link to a setup guide was posted. through reading that I think I may have the 2nd output configured for TGV and not CRT but I can't check until I get home.