MySQL connection issues

Handruin

Administrator
For the last couple of weeks I've been battling with support to fix a user issue. Someone on our server continues to execute a script that opens hundreds of MySQL connections which basically causes a denial of service to us since we depend entirely on MySQL. (It's the nature of the forum)

Tonight, support has recognize my third major complain and has suspened the culprite again and will investigate an alternative means to limit this issue from happening again.

I appologize for the site outage (if anyone noticed) and we are trying to get the issue resolved.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I noticed. I also noticed that my site's guestbook stopped working and got some error messages e-mailed to me.

Handruin

Administrator
Sorry about that Tim, I'm hoping they have it fixed for good this time.

Handruin

Administrator
Same thing happened again. Someone's script is causing problems with mysql...in turn, our site was down.

Handruin

Administrator
<anger> :frusty: Must be mature and no say bad words towards MySQL</anger>

Fortunately the repair function of MySQL was able to fix our largest table...there was a small problem with the phpbb_search_wordmatch table which happens to have 1,249,701 records.

Not that anyone really wants the boring details, but at least it keeps a small journal for me to look back on.