Need suggestion for spam filter

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I use Netscrape Communicator 4.78 for email. Can somebody suggest a good no-cost or low-cost spam blocker/handler/deleter? My specific need at this time is to block 2 specific email IDs.

I'd prefer not to change email clients, but will if I have to. In that case, I'll need suggestions for a free or low-cost client. I'll need the client to have longevity.

Thanks a lot.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Just yesterday I was thinking about how much I love Mozilla's mail client. I receive spam all the time ... but it just gets silently diverted into the "spam" folders. I never see it unless I look for it.

At first you have to flag messages as being spam, and then you have to watch for a few days to make sure it's not marking any messages incorrectly. But after I had done that, it had learned exactly what it needs to do to make me happy.

At work, we have Outlook 2003. It's pathetic. Absolute garbage.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Personally, I still use and am satisfied with Spamihilator.

For Outlook/Exchange, the built-in capabilities are pathetic, true, but most companies use 3rd party anti-spam solutions like Brightmail (now owned by Symantec). Where I work as much as 70% of our internet bandwidth can be chewed up by spam. This is costing us thousands of dollars a year.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Over a couple of months, I compared Spamhilator with some email clients that integrate spam filtering; the thread is somewhere here but I can't be bothered to look.

I think there may be a plugin or something for Spamhilator. Otherwise, it looked good initially but quickly fell by the wayside. I realize Merc also recommends it, but I found it mediocre.

The winner, and consequently my main email client at present, was Thunderbird. It's a love/hate relationship, but it more or less does everything you could reasonably expect, including working IMAP support and decent mailing list thread management.

I just wish some of the minor but irritating bugs would get fixed ...

time

Storage? I am Storage!
AFAIK, Seamonkey is kinda dead for future versions. We're all supposed to embrace Firefox and Thunderbird.

Or Netscape. Someone told me the other day that the latest version has refinements over Seamonkey - I've haven't checked.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Time, if you ever have the time you might take a second look at Spamihilator. The most recent couple of versions have way-improved filtering capabilities.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm glad you mentioned it again. Last time I looked into spamihilator, they didn't support IMAP. As of 0.9.9, they support it so I'm off to install and give it a trial.