Nero or etc for Sony 24X burner

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Can anyone help me with a copy of Nero or Easy CD Cremator to suit a Sony 24X burner? I'm not asking for wares here, I have any number of spare physical copies of Nero, CD Cremator and NTI CD Maker, and will ship the drive with whichever one of these is appropriate. Trouble is, the damn OEM copies are all visually identical and are keyed to particular model drives, and I can't find the one that belongs to the Sony.

Thanks guys.

Tony

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
You could download the version from the Nero website, it will work with any supported burner. Then grab a serial number from somewhere.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Thanks Tim. That would be convienient but illegal. I don't want to pirate the retail version (which is what that would be doing), just make the stupid damn OEM version work. I'll save that route for a last resort.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The version of Nero that ships with Lite-On 24x - 48x Lite-On burners works with 32x Sony burners. So I guess that's worth a try.

It has a red label and a Nero logo. I must have 50 copies of it.

The purple-label AOpen version does not work with Sony burners.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Tannin said:
Thanks Tim. That would be convienient but illegal. I don't want to pirate the retail version (which is what that would be doing), just make the stupid damn OEM version work. I'll save that route for a last resort.

If the OEM copy is otherwise identical to the retail copy, then what is the problem? Nero have got the money for their OEM copy, and your client gets a version of Nero that actually works on his drive. Morally you can sleep soundly at night.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
I was thinking that since they added the nero express interface they changed their program structure a bit.

If you entered an OEM serial into the retail product it would lock you into the express version and not allow you to sue the "more advanced" standard burning ROM.

I believe that if you do the upgrade and not the clean install you can circumvent this. I guess that goes along with their lifetime of free upgrades or whatevere they offer... wouldn't be much of an upgrade of you got less choices.