New breakthrough 60GXP fix revealed

James

Storage is cool
If you set your 60GXP on fire I hear that the heat can sometimes fix the problem too.

If this does fix the problem, let us know at our forums. :roll:

James

Storage is cool
My browser setup doesn't allow me to get popups, so I didn't actually notice.

Isn't there a good popup killer for OS/2?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
This was at home, James. W2K box. Tannin gets first dibs on browsers so he monopolises Opera. I have to make do with IE. CNN Sport and the Grammar Police and Ekaf-Ami have to share Mozilla. (Moz is best if you have multiple log-ins, but to ugly for my taste.) At the office we all squeeze into a single copy of Moz, which thanks to a skin or two, is slightly de-uglified there.

James

Storage is cool
MyIE (disparaged by association elsewhere here by people in favour of other browsers, but works well for those of us bereft of the same clarity of vision), includes popup killer functionality. It also gives you tabbed browsing - might be worth a look for home.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I can't believe anyone would believe that you can actually fix a hard drive by hitting it on something. Well, I guess if the bearings have locked up you might be able to jar them.

Now, putting the drive in the freezer that's a good trick.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
The idiot on Techspot.com said:
Gently slam the harddrive against something hard, this will cause the read/write head to move into the correct position and your harddrive might now function, I just verified this with an old dead IBM 60GXP harddrive I had lying around...

:roll:

I really hope this was supposed to be a joke. Why not use a hammer while you're at it? :mrgrn:

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Elsewhere it's been reported that merely reconnecting them after a period works as well. :roll:

Bashing drives (or freezing them as timwhit suggests) is usually to overcome 'stiction'. I knew a guy who regularly removed his drive and threw it against a wall to get it to keep on playing.