New forum topics?

Handruin

Administrator
I'm curious if anyone would like additional forum topic areas. Granted we don't have a huge amount of traffic to fill the current areas, but I was thinking about 2 new ones and possibly renaming one based on others opinions.

I'm always interested in "Computer News" and along the lines of greeting new members, how about a "Welcome Area"? We could also rename the B&G to separate us further from SR.

The computer news area can be for discussing new happenings and allow people to post interesting articles. I see where this section is similar to the computer section, but I figured this way the computer section wouldn't get cluttered with tons of news postings. This may not be a good idea, but that's why I'm looking for feedback.

Any thoughts or ideas along these lines?

-Doug

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
I think the current 5 forums are already too much, Doug... Just rename B&G...

Moreover, I find the existence of a separate Computers & Tech Support forums not to my liking. (I'm sure P5 won't be agreeing on this)

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I like how it is now, Forums with tons of topic areas are confusing. I never know which one to go if I just want to read some posts...

I like the idea of renaming the forums to better represent their contents though. B&G could be "The Lounge" or something like that....

-Tim

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Renaming the Bar&Grille to something like "The Living Room" would be a good idea.

I think a "Computer News" forum would be unecessary once our php-nuke front page will be ramp up with its "submit news" section.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
I do enjoy the title: Bar & Grille, especially since it fits my alias so well. If a change must occur, I wouldn't mind seeing: The Cellar, The Tavern, something that will allow me to work! :D

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
  • "The King's Head"
  • "The Crown and Anchor"
  • "The Lounge"
  • "Not the Office!"
  • "The Frequent Flyers Club" (yuk!)
  • "The 19th Hole"
  • "The Watering Hole"
  • "Furphy" (may require a historical note to explain this one - or have James and I done this often enough already?)
  • "Lies, Perversion and Distortion"
  • "The Back Fence"
  • "Off the Record"
  • "The Bar"
  • "A Fate worse than Death"
  • "Scandal"
  • "No Entry" (people are bound to go in!)
  • "The Black Hole"
  • "The Brewery"

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
"The Brass Rail"
"The Depot"
"The Breaking Point"
"The Storage Forum Pub & Brewery" (Yes a little lengthy, but it fits)
"The Bar & Grill" (spelled properly)
"Back Door Lounge"
"The Breakroom"
"Old Peculiar" (probably sounds more like a beer or Tannin)
"Rendezvous"
"Crows Nest Tavern"
"The Storage Forum Saloon"