New front page

Handruin

Administrator
Just letting everyone know there is a new front page. (some people may link directly to the forum.) :)

Let us know what you think of it...

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
The one thing that I would change would be to make the link to the forums bigger and more pronounced. Otherwise looks good.

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
I thought I already registered for the front-page portal. Is it not PHPnuke any more?

This is not php-nuke anymore, we've switched to xoops. You'll have to register again if you want to.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Xoops was less bogus than plain php-NUKE on which it is based. I noticed Mozilla 0.9.8 isn't displaying the front page very well compared to other browsers. I don't know what's wrong with it.

(note to Doug, I'm talking about the layout of the page, not the "refresh page" non-issue).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
... and like an idiot I mixed up my email address. Which I noticed immediately AFTER I hit "submit".

Oh well. I like the collection of links to hardware vendors.

Can anyone here add to the list of downloadable files? Or just Doug/CougTek?

Hey, how about a link to Tannin's SF FAQ?

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
... and like an idiot I mixed up my email address. Which I noticed immediately AFTER I hit "submit".

Oh well. I like the collection of links to hardware vendors.

Can anyone here add to the list of downloadable files? Or just Doug/CougTek?

Hey, how about a link to Tannin's SF FAQ?

Registered users can submit news, links, downloads, and so on. Either CougTek or I can approve the submissons. If you want something up there, give it a try and hopefully it works. :)

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Aah, people, especially Handruin? You have changed the background on the front page to dark, haven't you? I thought the original white background was much better, I can't see diddly....whatever.... now ( I'm mainly talking about the leftmost and rightmost frames (leftmost with the links to the forum and genome@home stats)). Is it juts me?

Looked a lot clearer to me earlier...Anyone else?

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
And now I double checked and it looked good......? I can't be that sleepy. Is it different with IE and Mozilla? Has anyone else noticed what I'm talking about? It's only the leftmost and rightmost colums I'm talking about....

Better get some sleep....

Handruin

Administrator
I have not made any design changes since it was launched. There may be web browser compatibility issues, but that's hard for me to say.

If there is an issue, can you screen capture it for me so I can see what you are describing? I've been digging into the xoop's theme a little bit, I may try to create our own unique looking theme...in due time. :)

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Mozilla doesn't display the right color for the link to the forum and it shows the upper most black row (where the "search" is) larger than most other browsers. I haven't find a way to fix these little bugs.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Oh and the site logo appears in the center under Mozilla while it is positioned in the left corner under Opera and IE6.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
And there's a grey row just below the black "search" row on the top of the page under Mozilla while there is no such line under both IE and Opera.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
CougTek said:
Mozilla doesn't display the right color for the link to the forum and it shows the upper most black row (where the "search" is) larger than most other browsers. I haven't find a way to fix these little bugs.

I suspect that Mozilla is showing the correct color that it understands to show. The FONT tag uses the color 000099 which Mozilla understands as being a dark-blue (I tried that same tag string on my website), however, there must be some other syntax nullifying this value, perhaps one of the CSS sheets.

BR

James

Storage is cool
Doug, Coug - very impressed indeed. That's a great job!

I wish I had time to contribute... but I think I've taken on too much already...