New game in trouble...

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Funny, the link is dead now. I read about that in the newspaper. It's a shame that these so-called leaders have no sense of humor. It's no more insensitive than jokes about Italians, Asians, or Catholics, all of which seem to be in vogue at the moment. You should be able to laugh at yourself. If these black stereotypes really bothered these so-called black leaders so much then maybe they would try to do something more than lip service about them(and I don't mean yet more social programs that just make the problem get worse and worse). And what's the difference between a black leader and any other type of leader? I tend to think what's good will be good for everyone, regardless of skin color. These people are f*cking divisive a$$holes, starting with Al Sharpton.

Too bad. I was looking forward to buying this game, and maybe playing some rap music in the background for atmosphere. My playing piece of choice would be the Uzi. :) Some of the rules sounded like fun-"You got the whole neighborhood addicted to crack. Collect $50 from each playa" :mrgrn:

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I just checked and the page is back up. I always enjoy playing a game of monopoly, it's just that it takes so damn long.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
It appears that Yahoo decided that the game was offensive so they took down the site. It is now back up. Those who made such a stink over the game only created a much better market for Ghettopoly. At $30 and 15,000 orders David Chang has made a whole lot of money on his idea.

Read the letter that David Chang wrote to all those who oppose the game. I don't think that this game is at all offensive. There are many better things to be opposed to than a stupid board game. If you don't like it then don't buy it.