New Spam: They need us in Angola!

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
From Almend,

This message may come as a surprise as we have not met, but I am
desperately in need of help. I got your contact email address from
a search I made on the Internet. I cannot contact any of my known
father's associates because of the on-going situation in my country and the predicament facing my family.
I am the son of the late leader of the Movement for the Total
Independence of Angola (UNITA), Jonas Savimbi, who was killed in
a fierce gun battle with government troops loyal to Edwardo Dos Santos on the 22nd of Febuary 2002.

I am Almendro Savimbi, the son of Jonas Savimbi. I was aware of sales of diamonds and crude oil to
individuals and countries that clandestinely come and purchase these products. After the PEACE ACCORD was broken, the United States of America government abandoned my father and the United Nations (UN) imposed sanctions on all products coming out of UNITA controlled areas. It is the proceeds of these sales that were used by UNITA to purchase
arms to prosecute the war.

To learn more of the injustice and situation my father faced, check
the website:

http://www.the-idler.com/IDLER-02/3-16.html

My late father, Jonas Savimbi was able to deposit some fund in Europe
with a Security Company that he intended to make purchases with. I happen to be in possesion of documents and information of the deposit
and some others.

Our movements presently(including me) is restricted.
We are forbidden to either travel abroad or out of our localities.

Presently, the US$50 Million Dollars cash(52 Million Euros) my father transfered to Europe before his death for some purchases he intended
to make is safe and is in the Security firm. I have the passcode and
the documents to the Security firm. This is where I will need your help because at present i cant travel. And I want to act fast before the
government finds out about the funds.

With this password and information and power of attorney you will be
able to proceed to the Security firm. I can get access to a satellite phone for communication. When you are ready I will give you the
information needed before you can get access to the fund you will then
proceed to the Security company where the funds will be given to you
as payment either installmentally or depending on the advice of the
security company.

YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSACTION IS REQUIRED.

Yours sincerely,

Almendro Savimbi.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Bloody hell, now I just have to wait for the Nigerian secret police to deposit their millions and then I can contact Mr. Almend.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Prof.Wizard said:

Yours sincerely,

Almendro Savimbi.
I feel awful. The dude trusted me... :rotfl:

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
If I check my dad's mailbox (=spam heaven, 30 spam/day), I can probably find you about ten different versions of this mail that arrive daily.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Oh.. just checked it... out of 23 spam mails there was not one about the Nigerian/Mongolian/Cuban/insert other third world country here messages... how come? :-?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
NRG = mc² said:
spam heaven, 30 spam/day)

Is that all? :wink: The hotmail account that I use solely for online purchases gets about 25 spams every 5 hours. I've been using it since 1998 and it must be on every spammer's list in existence. BTW, that is with the maximum number of subject-line filters (36) activated to automatically trash E-mails with obvious spam words in the subject. I wouldn't even want to guess how many I'd get with no filters.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
I've considered NOT to check my Hotmail account for a couple of months (after 30 days it deactivates...) for the spammers to get me off-list and then reactivate it.

Is this viable?

.Nut

Learning Storage Performance
Prof.Wizard said:
I've considered NOT to check my Hotmail account for a couple of months (after 30 days it deactivates...) for the spammers to get me off-list and then reactivate it.

Is this viable?

No, because the spammer's mail servers will keep pounding that same dead E-mail address for months if not years.

Something else related to spammers and E-mail address harvesting: I would suspect that by now that certain sophisticated spammers have text processing routines for "cleaning" E-mail addresses that they harvest from webpages and UseNet articles, where people have used text strings within their addresses -- such as "joe@nospam_hotmail.com" or "jane@hotmail*REMOVE*.com" -- to discombobulate the spammer trawling.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
LOL that is why Clocker has such a complicated scheme to protect his address. Anything that requires human thought to make usable is much trickier for a spam bot to decipher.

Handruin

Administrator
Clocker should make a jpg of his address with some letters in italics. This way all he needs to do is post an image. :)

I wonder if we should start to include the e-mail addresses of companies we do not like in the forums. This way they get scanned by the bots and get spam all the time. Something like wgates@microsoft.com. ;)

Here, botty@ botty@ botty@.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Bill Gates wrote a newspaper column and in one of the early issues he actually placed his personal Email address in it. A few months later, he mentioned that he had to change (cancel) it (He made a point not to tell what the new one was) because of the volume of Email he recieved. Even he can make stupid mistakes.

He really should have kept the Email address he published as a Email for a dedicated purpose of dealing with his article(s) and hired some people to take care of it for him. So I really think he made at least two mistakes.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
From Almendo,

This message may come as a surprise as we have not met, but I am
desperately in need of help. I got your contact email address from
a search I made on the Internet. I cannot contact any of my known
father's associates because of the on-going situation in my country and the predicament facing my family.
I am the son of the late leader of the Movement for the Total
Independence of Angola (UNITA), Jonas Savimbi, who was killed in
a fierce gun battle with government troops loyal to Edwardo Dos Santos on the 22nd of Febuary 2002.

I am Almendro Savimbi, the son of Jonas Savimbi. I was aware of sales of diamonds and crude oil to
individuals and countries that clandestinely come and purchase these products. After the PEACE ACCORD was broken, the United States of America government abandoned my father and the United Nations (UN) imposed sanctions on all products coming out of UNITA controlled areas. It is the proceeds of these sales that were used by UNITA to purchase
arms to prosecute the war.

To learn more of the injustice and situation my father faced, check
the website:

http://www.the-idler.com/IDLER-02/3-16.html

My late father, Jonas Savimbi was able to deposit some fund in Europe
with a Security Company that he intended to make purchases with. I happen to be in possesion of documents and information of the deposit
and some others.

Our movements presently(including me) is restricted.
We are forbidden to either travel abroad or out of our localities.

Presently, the US$41Million Dollars cash(43 Million Euros) my father transfered to Europe before his death for some purchases he intended
to make is safe and is in the Security firm. I have the passcode and
the documents to the Security firm. This is where I will need your help because at present i cant travel. And I want to act fast before the
government finds out about the funds.

With this password and information and power of attorney you will be
able to proceed to the Security firm. I can get access to a satellite phone for communication. When you are ready I will give you the
information needed before you can get access to the fund you will then
proceed to the Security company where the funds will be given to you
as payment either installmentally or depending on the advice of the
security company.

Yours sincerely,

Almendo Savimbi.