New strain of coronavirus

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
We bought some Chinese food yesterday after bringing my mother home from her doctor's appointment. I thoroughly washed down the containers before opening them. When they were drying on the stove I noticed something strange:

P1080281.JPG

Apparently it's a new strain of coronavirus which is visible to the naked eye.

It gets worse. A few minutes later I came back and saw this:

P1080281B.JPG

Wow, it really multiples quickly. I tried killing it but both bleach and alcohol appear to be ineffective. Today when I got up the kitchen was filled nearly to the ceiling with the new virus. My cat is scared shitless. I'm worried I might get sick. Anyone have any ideas? At this rate it's going to cover all of NYC within weeks.

sedrosken

Florida Man
A bit offtopic but I love your range -- I've always found older furniture/appliance designs more charming than I perhaps should.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
A bit offtopic but I love your range -- I've always found older furniture/appliance designs more charming than I perhaps should.
That's vintage 1978. My parents bought it when they bought the house. Until 2018 we had a refrigerator of the same vintage:

P1300395.JPG

We replaced it with this because it was a power hog:

New Refrigerator 1.jpg

Still have the old fridge in the basement as a storage cabinet. It still works in a pinch, too. I doubt anything made today will last that long.