Newegg's Craptacular Website!

Stereodude

Not really a
So, does anyone else have this problem... I want to see 100 items per page, and I want it to sort by "Lowest Price", but every time I change change the guided search it reverts to 20 items per page and sorting by "Featured Items". Even just changing from 20 items per page to 100 items per page causes it so stop sorting by Lowest Price and fall back to Featured Items until you change it again. :cursin:

I'm sick of constantly having to keep changing the settings. This happens on multiple computers too all running Firefox 3.6.12.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yes, it can be annoying, but I'm not so upset as you.

I'm just glad it does not keep blaring at me with a sign that IE6 is out of date as others do. :D

LunarMist

IE8 causes problems sometimes on the one system.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and others are better suited for actual use than any version of IE.

LunarMist

Would The Egg or other major sites look different?

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Would The Egg or other major sites look different?

Yes...at work we are forced to use IE6 and a lot of sites don't load right. They pop up a message to tell you to upgrade your browser.
At home the same sites look much better with Chrome or IE8

LunarMist

I have IE8 on the XP32 system, which behaves better.

Stereodude

Not really a
The price isn't very good considering the 2.5" 1GB 12.5mm thick Samsung was $99 a few days ago, but I guess if you want the largest 2.5" 9.5mm thick HD you don't have any other options.

LunarMist

It is not a very good deal that the original price was $99.99 and now the price is $99.00 with $0.99 shipping. ;)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Newegg has gotten worse. Amazon + Prime for shipping takes are of an awful lot of what I need, but Amazon's selection sometimes leaves something to be desired. Amazon doesn't offer many good chassis, for example, and it's much easier to see specs and do comparisons on Newegg. I wind up shopping on both but usually buy from Amazon for most items at this point.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
It's this disease to keep changing things. Perfectly good websites end up getting screwed up because "they've been the same way too long".

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I think that over time most of the changes on Newegg have been for the better. I wonder how much of the current scheme is due to the fact that they're about to become a public company.

Stereodude

Not really a
I'm sure those $5 16GB w/ free shipping OCZ Rally 2 flash drives from last Wed. will definitely help their going public cause. ;)